|16th Indonesia National Championship, Medan 1975|
|PGN 2014.06.22. 1 game. Incomplete.|
1975.11.??-?. Swiss 13 rounds. Unknown number of players. NM title 9. NM titles: Bing Sardjono, Benny Kileng, Abdul Azis Riduan, Eddy Suwandhio, Iskandar Arif, Irwansyah Sinuraya, Thomas Ginting.
The Indonesian-first-GM-to-be Herman Suradiradja won the 1975 National Chess Championship held in Medan, North Sumatera, and deservedly so. He left a big chasing group one full VP behind. The pre-tournament favorite and defending champion IM Ardiansyah, Arovah Bachtiar, and seven other players belonged to that group.
The host North Sumatera didn’t fare too well in the championship. Their best players Irwansyah Sinuraya and Thomas Ginting could only achieve ranks of 9 and 10 respectively. Both players took solace by attaining an NM title.
Percasi (All Indonesia Chess Federation) no longer awarded the NM title based on the ranks but the VP percentages instead. The NM title required 70% or 9 VP in this 13-round championship.
Suradiradja then made a good use of his National Champion status to seize opportunities pursuing higher titles abroad. In 1975 he also won the 1st Asian Masters in Singapore. He registered his first IM norm in the tournament.
- Buku Panduan Percasi 2009 (Djamil Djamal)
- Kejuaraan Catur Nasional Jakarta 1983-84
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- Sejarah Catur Indonesia 1986 (Ds FKN Harahap)
- Anniswati Memorial Cup 1st Leg, Jakarta 2002
- 22nd Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1984
- 3rd Shahcom Rating, Jakarta 2003
- National Selection for 26th SEA Games, Bogor 2011
- 23rd Indonesia National Championship, Mataram/Jakarta 1986
- Ds FKN Harahap Cup, Jakarta 1985
- 1st Tri Dharma Cup, Bojonegoro 1995
- 2nd Putra Samarinda, Samarinda 2003
- 1st Gunadarma League 1st Leg, Jakarta 2002