|1st ASEAN Masters Circuit 1st Leg GM-A, Tarakan 2008|
|PGN 2013.09.18. 66 games. Complete.|
2008.01.06-21. Round Robin 11 rounds. 12 players. Rating average 2450. Category VIII. GM norm 8. IM norm 6.
ASEAN Masters Chess Circuit marked significant development of chess in ASEAN. Four countries, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Singapore had agreed to host the event. Each leg was planned as a 12 player round robin with 2 places for each visiting federation and the remaining 6 for the host country. With these tournament, leading and talented players in ASEAN would have opportunities to win titles, got norms, and improved their ratings.
The first leg in Tarakan had 3 sections: GM-A, GM-B, and WIM. Ex Chinese, now Singaporean, GM Zhāng Zhōng won the GM-A section without much difficulties. He notched 6 wins without losing any. IM Tirto, who was also unbeatable, came second and scored his first GM norm. Indonesian highest rated player GM Susanto Megaranto lost his hope for first place after being crashed in the hand of his fellow country man FM Tirta Chandra Purnama. The latter got his final IM norm.
Tirto was as humble as he used to be. He said, “I was lucky to have white pieces six times, and in the final rounds I played opponents who were frustrated since they have already failed to get norms.”
- 1st ASEAN Masters Circuit 1st Leg WIM, Tarakan 2008
- 1st ASEAN Masters Circuit 1st Leg GM-B, Tarakan 2008
- Asian GMs Circuit Jakarta Leg, Jakarta 1994
- 2nd Asian GMs Circuit 1st Leg, Jakarta 1979
- 26th SEA Games, Palembang 2011
- FIDE Women Zonal 12, Jakarta 1993
- 9th Japfa Festival GMs, Jakarta 2014
- Japfa Classic, Denpasar 2000
- Bank BNI GMs, Jakarta 1996