|1st Indonesia National Championship, Solo 1953|
|1|| Bachtiar, ArovahBachtiar, Arovah|
FIDE ID: 7100205.
POB: Banjarmasin .
Title(s): NM 1961, IM 1977.
Peak Elo: 2400 (1971).
|2|| Ang, Tjing SingAng, Tjing Sing||Pekalongan|
|4|| Saleh, MSaleh, M||Magelang|
|5|| Tan, Ek TjoeTan, Ek Tjoe||Tegal|
|7|| SuliantoroSuliantoro||Ujung Pandang|
|9|| Aziz, AbdulAziz, Abdul||Yogyakarta|
No games available.
1953.??.??-?. 9 players.
We have controversies surrounding the first Indonesia National Championship. Some say that the event was held at Semarang 1952. The others point out to a championship at Solo 1953. We are going to follow the latter since it is officially approved by Percasi (All Indonesia Chess Federation).
Champions from eight cities participated in the first Indonesia National Chess Championship, Solo 1953. The host had a privilege to register two representatives. Arovah Bachtiar from Banjarmasin claimed the title. Arovah was only 19 years old in contrast to elderly Haji Rachmat and Haji Maksum. Haji Maksum was the winner in previously mentioned chess championship at Semarang 1952.
The entry of Baris M Hutagalung, the Jakarta Champion, was denied because of unnecessary misunderstandings. It’s pity knowing he was the de facto strongest player in Indonesia at that time.
- Sejarah Catur Indonesia 1986 (Ds FKN Harahap)
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- 38th Indonesia National Championship, Batam 2006
- Who Won Indonesia National Championships?
- Indochess Men vs Machines, Jakarta 2005
- 12th Indonesia National Championship, Padang 1971
- 14th Indonesia National Championship, Denpasar 1973
- National Selection for 26th SEA Games, Bogor 2011
- 1st Tri Dharma Cup, Bojonegoro 1995
- Yuri Averbakh & Vladimir Bagirov 8-Match, Jakarta 1960
- 1st Gunadarma League 1st Leg, Jakarta 2002