|2nd Lampung Festival, Bandar Lampung 2009|
No games available.
2009.03.24-28. Swiss 9 rounds. g/90′. 104 players.
How often do you see a ten years old kid beating a GM in a tournament? Muhammad Ikhsan Siregar did just that in the 2nd Lampung Chess Festival 2009. He beat GM Ardiansyah in 53 moves at 8th round. The win also meant a Percasi (All Indonesia Chess Federation) Master norm for him.
Ikhsan was not the only player who got a norm. The tournament had an avalanche of norms. Eleven players successfully pocketed their norms, four grabbed NM norms and seven nailed PM norms. Among those gainers, eight came from the host. To get an NM norm a player needed to score 6.5 VP. A PM norm was half points less.
The tournament itself was won by the first seed GM Susanto Megaranto. Until the penultimate round three players followed Susanto closely, FM Kasmiran, IM Dede Lioe, and IM Muhammad Ivan Situru. In the last round Ivan and Dede lost while Kasmiran won. But those results didn’t really matter since Susanto won his last game to ensure him the first place. Another GM in this event, Ardiansyah had a disappointing result at 13th. The second seed IM Irwanto Sadikin had worst place at 15th.
The tournament was part of the birthday celebration of the Lampung province. It was no coincidence since the chairman of Percasi for Lampung province, Syamsurya Ryacudu, was also the governor of the province. He was an NM himself.
- Gunadarma Invitational World Cities, Jakarta 1997
- 38th Indonesia National Championship, Batam 2006
- 14th World Microcomputer Championship, Jakarta 1996
- Central Java Provincial Championship, Semarang 1994
- 1st Tri Dharma Cup, Bojonegoro 1995
- 1st Indonesia Open, Jakarta 2011
- Ds FKN Harahap Cup, Jakarta 1985
- 17th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta1976
- 22nd Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1984