|2nd Putra Samarinda, Samarinda 2003|
|PGN 2013.09.13. 2 games. Incomplete.|
2003.01.25-02.02. Swiss 9 rounds. 168 players.
The tournament was part of the multi-event Putra Samarinda which held other events: wrestler, gymnastic, football, and rock climbing. The total participant of the chess section was 168 players. Among them were 3 GMs, 2 IMs, and 7 FMs.
All members of Indonesian team for Bled Chess Olympiad 2002 participated. They were GM Cerdas Barus, IM Ivan Situru, FM Irwanto Sadikin, FM Awam Wahono, Andi Nur Jabal Ahmad, and Susanto Megaranto.
Susanto drew the most of spectators’ attentions. At fifteen he was the hottest rising star in Indonesia. He was also the defending champion. Susanto didn’t disappoint his fans. All of his games were decisive. He won seven games and lost two. He had to bow to Junaid Jaya Pamungkas in round 4 and Cerdas in round 8. His loss to Cerdas proved costly. Although he was back to winning in the last round, the championship trophy had already been beyond his reach.
Two GMs in this event, GM Cerdas and GM Edhi Handoko, displayed solid performance. They placed in second and third on the table. The winner of this event was FM Awam Wahono. He had the same VP with that of Cerdas and Edhi but with the better PS (Progressive Score).
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
1-0 B08 Pirc: Classical System
7100213 f 2363
7100043 g 2420
2nd Putra Samarinda
0-1 C42 Petroff: 3.Nxe5 and Unusual White 3rd Moves
- Inteligensia 5 2003
- Mate of the King
- 3rd Shahcom Rating, Jakarta 2003
- 1st Jakarta Shahcom Invitational, Jakarta 2000
- 8th Telkom Open, Bandung 2006
- 1st Tri Dharma Cup, Bojonegoro 1995
- 17th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta1976
- Anniswati Memorial Cup 1st Leg, Jakarta 2002
- 38th Indonesia National Championship, Batam 2006
- 23rd Indonesia National Championship, Mataram/Jakarta 1986
- 1st Gunadarma League 1st Leg, Jakarta 2002