|4th Japfa WGMs, Jakarta 2008|
|1|| Lǐ, RuòfánLǐ, Ruòfán|
FIDE ID: 8600643.
|8600643||wg||2423||1 ½||½ 0||½ 1||½ 1||1 1||7.0||29.00|
|2|| Pokorná, ReginaPokorná, Regina|
FIDE ID: 14902052.
|14902052||wg||2352||0 ½||1 ½||½ ½||1 1||½ 1||6.5||28.00|
|3|| Sukandar, Irene KharismaSukandar, Irene Kharisma|
FIDE ID: 7101937.
|7101937||wm||2243||½ 1||0 ½||½ 0||1 ½||1 1||6.0||25.00|
|4|| Krivec, JanaKrivec, Jana|
FIDE ID: 14601982.
|14601982||wg||2362||½ 0||½ ½||½ 1||0 ½||1 ½||5.0||22.75|
|5|| Pereña, Catherine ChanPereña, Catherine Chan|
FIDE ID: 5202744.
|5202744||2234||½ 0||0 0||0 ½||1 ½||1 1||4.5||16.00|
|6|| Thandar, Aye WinThandar, Aye Win|
FIDE ID: 13002864.
|13002864||wf||2291||0 0||½ 0||0 0||0 ½||0 0||1.0||5.75|
|VP||: Victory points.|
|SB||: Sonneborn berger.|
|PGN 2014.09.07. 30 games. Complete.|
2008.04.15-20. 10 rounds Double Round Robin. g/90/30. Rating average 2317. Category III. WGM norm 6. WIM norm 4.5. WGM norm: Irene Kharisma Sukandar. WIM norm: Catherine Chan Pereña.
Mission accomplished. WIM Irene Kharisma Sukandar successfully registered her first WGM norm. She was assured of the norm after settling for a draw with Slovene WGM Jana Krivec in the last round.
Earlier in the half way of the chess tournament the WGM norm prospect looked bleach for the 16-year old Indonesian. Her only full point came from the tail ender WFM Thandar Aye Win of Myanmar. Sukandar scored 2 VP in total meaning she needed to score 4 points for the last 5 games. She stunned everyone, herself included, by doing just that. She demolished the eventual champion WGM Lǐ Ruòfán in a 23-move miniature en route to her norm.
Filipino woman number one Catherine Chan Pereña too had a successful outing. She clinched her maiden WIM norm with one round to spare. She claimed victories over Thandar Aye Win and Jana Krivec in two consecutive rounds, 8 and 9.
The champion Lǐ Ruòfán of Singapore had justified her high rating. She took over the lead as early as round 2 and stayed on course until the end. Even her defeat to Sukandar in round 9 wasn’t enough to unseat her. Her closest rival was WGM Regina Pokorná of Slovakia who scored half points back.
Sukandar needed only a few months to complete her full WGM title. She nailed other WGM norms in the 5th Dato’ Arthur Tan Malaysian Open in August and the Dresden Women Chess Olympiad in November to cap the year of 2008 as her annus mirabilis.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
Irene Kharisma Sukandar
7101937 wm 2243
8600643 wg 2423
4th Japfa Festival WGMs
Jakarta 2008.04.19 Round 9
1-0 B42 Sicilian Kan: 5.Bd3
- FIDE Title Applications (GM, IM, WGM, WIM, IA, FA, IO)
- First Five Rounds Games JAPFA WGM
- Hasil Japfa Chess Festival 2008, Selamat Kartini Muda… MIW Irene Kharisma Sukandar Sukses Meraih Norma GMW!
- Japfa Chess Festival 2008 – WGM Tournament Section
- SO WINS IN ONE-ON-ONE DUEL; PEREÑA EARNS WIM NORM IN JAKARTA
- Young Indonesia Primadonna Irine Makes WGM Norm
- 7th Japfa Festival Women International, Jakarta 2012
- 6th Japfa Festival Women International, Jakarta 2011
- 8th Japfa Festival WGMs, Jakarta 2013
- Electric Woman Stars Cup, Jakarta 2007
- FIDE Women Interzonal, Jakarta 1993
- Jababeka Women International, Jakarta 2005
- Makita Lakoni, Jakarta 2004
- 26th SEA Games, Palembang 2011
- 3rd Indonesia Open, Jakarta 2013