|9th Indonesia National Championship Final, Jakarta 1967|
|9th Indonesia National Championship Final Play-Off, Jakarta 1967|
|1|| Bachtiar, ArovahBachtiar, Arovah|
FIDE ID: 7100205.
POB: Banjarmasin .
Title(s): NM 1961, IM 1977.
Peak Elo: 2400 (1971).
|2|| Rusli, EddyRusli, Eddy||0||0||0.0|
|VP||: Victory points.|
No games available.
Qualification. 4 pools in Round Robin. 30 players.
Final. 1967.??-??-?. Round Robin 13 rounds. 13 players.
Final Play-off. 1967.??-??-?. Match 2 rounds. 2 player.
The 1967 National Championship adopted a new format. First the participants, 30 of them, were divided into 4 qualification pools. From there 12 players plus the defending champion Ong Yok Hwa (aka Eddy Rusli) advanced to the final phase.
Almost all participants in the final were familiar faces. The first timers were NLP Silalahi of Jakarta and Herman Suradiradja of West Java. Silalahi was well known player in the Jakarta city. Herman was not a new face in the national chess scene. He had already played in the 1964 National Championship but his adventure ended before the final phase. Since then Herman had made a big progress in his chess career. He was a member of Indonesian team for Havana Olympiad 1966. Bambang Purnomo is another name of Oey Beng Liang, probably the best Central Java player at the time.
Arovah Bachtiar and Eddy Rusli dominated the final with 9 VP each. They enjoyed no less than two points cushion from their nearest rivals Herman and MHS Nainggolan. In the play-off Arovah was unstoppable. He beat Eddy convincingly 2-0. Now Arovah got his crown back after being dethroned in 1965. This was the third National Champion title for Arovah.
- Buku Panduan Percasi 1996 (Djamil Dajamal)
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- Sejarah Catur Indonesia 1986 (Ds FKN Harahap)
- Who Won Indonesia National Championships?
- 7th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1962
- 8th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta/Bandung 1964-5
- Ds FKN Harahap Cup, Jakarta 1985
- 23rd Indonesia National Championship, Mataram/Jakarta 1986
- FIDE Zonal 10, Jakarta 1963
- National Masters, Ambon 1994
- 4th Indonesia National Championship, Magelang 1956
- DKI Jakarta Provincial Women Championship, Jakarta 1980