|Alekhine @ Surabaya, Surabaya 1930|
|PGN 2013.12.01. 1 game. Incomplete.|
Alexander Alexandrovich Alekhine visited Netherlands Indies (now Indonesia) in 1930. At that time he was the World Champion.
We found only one game from his simultaneous exhibition held at the city of Surabaya. In that game Alekhine won rather easily against Prof Willem Frederik Wertheim. Wertheim lost his queen at move 29 but he still refused to resign until 8 moves later. Wertheim was among the best players in Netherlands Indies.
- ALEKHINE, Alexander (30.10.1892-24.03.1946)
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- 24th Indonesia National Age Group Championship, Batam 2006
- 23rd Indonesia National Championship, Mataram/Jakarta 1986
- 7th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1962
- 8th Telkom Open, Bandung 2006
- 4th Indonesia National Championship, Magelang 1956
- Yuri Averbakh & Vladimir Bagirov 8-Match, Jakarta 1960
- 1st Tri Dharma Cup, Bojonegoro 1995
- 13th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1972
- Ds FKN Harahap Cup, Jakarta 1985