|Gunadarma IMs Circuit 1st Leg, Depok 1994|
|PGN 2014.06.11. 6 games. Incomplete.|
1994.10.17-24. Round Robin 13 rounds. 14 players. Rating average 2356. Category V. IM norm 8.5. IM titles: Tóng Yuānmíng, Salor Sitanggang, Nathanael Ivan Jonathan Situru, Lĭ Wénliáng. IM norm: Dede Lioe.
The 1993 Chinese National Chess Champion FM Tóng Yuānmíng showed a class of his own. He won the tournament in convincing fashion. He grabbed his last needed IM norm in the process. Another Chinese representative FM Lĭ Wénliáng also did well. He completed his IM title after scoring 6.5 VP in 9 rounds.
Not to be outdone by the guests, Indonesia registered IM norms for three players: FM Salor Sitanggang, Nathanael Ivan Jonathan Situru, and Gunadarma player Dede Lioe. In the case of Sitanggang and Situru, the norms were the last puzzles to complete their IM title. The norm was the first for Lioe.
The host’s veteran GMs, Ardiansyah and Herman Suradiradja, scored less than 50%. Their lack of routines in the international events were evident. It was a bit disappointment especially for Ardiansyah as he was the third seed in the tournament.
Although the winner Tóng Yuānmíng later on peaked 2510 of Elo he has never achieved a GM title. He is best known as one of the first trainers of the youngest ever Women World Champion Hóu Yìfán.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
8600139 f 2455
Ruben Muljadi Gunawan
7100248 f 2345
Gunadarma IMs Circuit 1st Leg
Depok 1994.10.?? Round 4
1-0 B43 Sicilian Kan: 5.Nc3
- Chess in China
- Dede Liu Gagal Raih Norma GM
- Inside Chess 14 1994 (Indonesia)
- Inside Chess 15 1994 (Indonesia)
- Li Wenliang
- Tong Yuanming
- Asian GMs Circuit Jakarta Leg, Jakarta 1994
- 2nd First Lady’s Cup, Jakarta/Yogyakarta/Denpasar 1983
- 26th SEA Games, Palembang 2011
- Wotulo Memorial GMs, Jakarta 2001
- Gunadarma IMs Circuit 1st Leg, Yogyakarta 1995
- FIDE Zonal 11, Bogor/Jakarta 1987
- 1st ASEAN Masters Circuit 1st Leg WIM, Tarakan 2008
- 1st Asian Masters Circuit 3rd Leg, Jakarta 1981
- Japfa Classic, Denpasar 2000