|Irene Sukandar-Lǐ Ruòfán Match, Jakarta 2007|
|1|| Lǐ, RuòfánLǐ, Ruòfán|
FIDE ID: 8600643.
|2|| Sukandar, Irene KharismaSukandar, Irene Kharisma|
FIDE ID: 7101937.
|VP||: Victory points.|
|PGN 2013.09.13. 6 games. Complete.|
2007.02.07-12. Match 6 rounds. 2 players. Rating average 2319.
The match between WIM Irene Kharisma Sukandar and WGM Lǐ Ruòfán was part of 3rd Japfa Chess Festival 2007. Both players were the reigning National Women Chess Champions of their respective country. The annual event also held another match, GM Susanto Megaranto-GM Zhāng Zhōng. Then Chinese now Singaporean players, Zhāng Zhōng and Lǐ Ruòfán, were a couple.
During the match Lǐ employed a strategy that was not uncommon when playing against less experienced players: complicated things and waited for the mistakes from the opponent. It worked wonder. Lǐ overwhelmed Sukandar and won the match convincingly 5-1.
The loss didn’t necessarily mean a setback for Sukandar. Don’t forget that she at that time was only 14 years old, half of Lǐ’s age. Sukandar has proven afterwards that she was a quick learner. She is emerging as one of the finest women chess players in Asia.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
8600643 wg 2418
Irene Kharisma Sukandar
7101937 wm 2220
Irene Sukandar-Lǐ Ruòfán Match
Jakarta 2007.02.07 Round 1
1-0 D46 Semi-Slav: 5.e3 Nbd7 6.Bd3 Black avoids the Meran
- Susanto Megaranto-Zhāng Zhōng Match, Jakarta 2007
- Utut Adianto-Zhū Chén Blindfold Match, Jakarta 2004
- Irene Sukandar-Sopiko Guramishvili Match, Jakarta 2004
- Irene Sukandar-Anya Corke Match, Jakarta 2005
- 6th Japfa Festival Women International, Jakarta 2011
- 4th Japfa Festival WGMs, Jakarta 2008
- FIDE Zonal 10, Jakarta 1963
- Indonesian Team for Asian Games Tryouts, Jakarta 2006
- Jababeka Women International, Jakarta 2005