|Max Euwe Simultaneous Exhibition, Indonesia 1930|
|Max Euwe-Abdul Satar Match, Solo 1930|
|1|| Euwe, MachgielisEuwe, Machgielis||1||1.0|
|2|| Satar, Achmad AbdulSatar, Achmad Abdul||0||0.0|
|VP||: Victory points.|
|Max Euwe-Si Tumbuk Match, Medan 1930|
|PGN 2013.12.05. 3 games. Incomplete.|
Max Euwe Simultaneous Exhibitions. 1930.08.??-09.??.
Max Euwe-Abdul Satar Match. 1930.08.??-??.
Max Euwe-Si Tumbuk Match. 1930.08.??-??.
During 1927-1933 Dr Machgielis (Max) Euwe, the then Dutch Champion and soon to be a World Champion, had been preparing to challenge the World Champion Alexander Alekhine. He played training matches with the likes of José Raúl Capablanca, Salomon Flohr, and Efim Bogoljubov. He also played in simultaneous exhibitions and matches with lesser known players.
As part of that preparation Max Euwe visited Indonesia (then Netherlands Indies) in 1930. Euwe played many games, literally hundreds of them, at the cities of Sumatera and Java. Beside playing in simultaneous exhibitions, Euwe played matches with the best local players on equal terms. While in Java he managed to beat his opponents, that was not the case in Sumatera. The Tanah Karo Champion Si Tumbuk held him 1-1 at the city of Medan, North Sumatera. All games were draw.
Euwe’s overall result during his visit was 91%: 530 wins, 50 draws, and 32 losses.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
Max Euwe-Si Tumbuk Match
½-½ E61 King’s Indian: Early Deviations for White
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- Sejarah Catur Indonesia 1986 (Ds FKN Harahap)
- The EUWE SUITE
- Narsar Karokaro Exhibitions, Java 1913-4
- Antoaneta Stefanova Matches, Bekasi 2013
- FIDE World Championship Anatoly Karpov-Jan Timman Rounds of 13-21, Jakarta 1993
- FIDE Zonal 10, Jakarta 1963
- Vladislav Tkachiev Matches, Jakarta 1996
- Utut Adianto-Anatoly Karpov Match, Jakarta 1997
- Irene Sukandar-Anya Corke Match, Jakarta 2005
- 7th Indonesia National Championship, Jakarta 1962
- Indonesia-ROW Match, Denpasar 1999