|Medina Aulia-Tícia Gara Match, Jakarta 2014|
|1|| Gara, TíciaGara, Tícia|
FIDE ID: 717444.
POB: Budapest .
Title(s): WGM 2002, WIM 2000.
Peak Elo: 2385 (2012).
|2|| Aulia, Medina WardaAulia, Medina Warda|
FIDE ID: 7101570.
POB: Jakarta .
Title(s): WGM 2013, WIM 2012, WFM 2010, WCM 2008.
Peak Elo: 2355 (2014).
|VP||: Victory points.|
|PGN 2014.06.10. 6 games. Complete.|
2014.04.20-25. Match 6 rounds. 2 players. g/90/30. Rating average 2336.
The even was another section of the infamous Japfa Chess Festival. A twice Hungarian Women National Champion WGM Tícia Gara played an up-and-coming 16-year-old Indonesian WGM Medina Warda Aulia. From the rating side the match-up was pretty even. Gara’s Elo of 2340 was not much different from Aulia’s 2332.
The final scoreline confirmed the equilibrium. The match ended in a tie 3-3. Aulia won rounds of 1, 3, and 6. Gara chalked up her victories in the other rounds.
Both players showed their devotion to their favorite openings. Gara stayed put to the offbeat early-e5 variations of the Sicilian Opening (Löwenthal and Boleslavsky) in the 1st and 3rd games. Those didn’t mean inferior but were easily being prepared as Aulia had proven it. The Indonesian WGM didn’t choose the most critical lines in those games. She managed to get enough advantages towards the endgame which she executed nicely. Behind black pieces Aulia employed French Defense in the whole match. The opening served her very well in the last game.
Although the match finished in the balance, the youngster of Indonesia had demonstrated that she was the more dominant player throughout. Her tactical abilities were simply breathtaking. It was a reckless play from Aulia’s part that hindered her from winning the match.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
Medina Warda Aulia
7101570 wg 2332
717444 wg 2340
Medina Aulia-Ticia Gara Match
Jakarta 2014.04.22 Round 3
1-0 B32 Sicilian: Löwenthal Variation
- 4 Pecatur Pimpin Grand Master Japfa
- 9th Japfa Chess Festival: ‘Kagak Ade Matinye’
- Calon Grand Master Termuda
- Japfa Women Chess Match (Jakarta)
- Ticia Gara
- Tiviakov gewinnt in Jakarta
- Irene Sukandar-Anya Corke Match, Jakarta 2005
- Sofia Polgár Matches, Jakarta 1996
- Irene Sukandar-Sopiko Guramishvili Match, Jakarta 2004
- Irene Sukandar-Lǐ Ruòfán Match, Jakarta 2007
- Utut Adianto-Zhū Chén Blindfold Match, Jakarta 2004
- FIDE World Championship Anatoly Karpov-Jan Timman Rounds of 13-21, Jakarta 1993
- 8th Japfa Festival WGMs, Jakarta 2013
- Lodewijk Prins Matches, Indonesia 1956
- FIDE Women Interzonal, Jakarta 1993