|Narsar Karokaro Exhibition, Java 1913|
|PGN 2013.12.01. 1 game. Incomplete.|
NISB (Nederlands Indische Schaakbond) invited the Tanah Karo champion, Narsar Karokaro Purba (aka Si Narsar) to visit Java for the first time in 1913. The second time was in 1916.
In the cities of Java Narsar played many chess exhibitions both simultaneous and matches against the Java’s strongest players. Unfortunately we can’t find any games from the exhibitions except one. The game appeared on page 189 of British Chess Magazine May 1914 edition. So far this is the oldest game on IndonesiaBase. The age is not only the interesting part of the game though but also the extra ordinary stalemate position.
Narsar Karokaro-NN, Java 1913
Well, was the game actually played?
- Chess Notes by Edward Winter
- Putaran Ketiga Sirkuit Grandmaster Asia Pertama 1978
- Si Narsar Karokaro, Master Catur Dunia Jaman Hindia Belanda
- Max Euwe Exhibitions, Indonesia 1930
- Who Won Indonesia National Championships?
- Utut Adianto-Nigel Short Match, Jakarta 1996
- Antoaneta Stefanova Matches, Bekasi 2013
- Utut Adianto Blindfold Simultaneous Exhibition, Pekanbaru 2006
- Susanto Megaranto-Mikheil Mchedlishvili Match, Jakarta 2010
- Indonesia-France Women Match, Jakarta/Bekasi 2012
- Vladislav Tkachiev Matches, Jakarta 1996
- Indonesia-Australia U16 Match, Chesscube.com 2012