|Susanto Megaranto-Mikheil Mchedlishvili Match, Jakarta 2010|
|1|| Megaranto, SusantoMegaranto, Susanto|
FIDE ID: 7101384.
|2|| Mchedlishvili, MikheilMchedlishvili, Mikheil|
FIDE ID: 13600966.
|VP||: Victory points.|
No games available.
2010.04.14-19. Match 6 rounds. 2 players. Rating average 2575.
GM Mikheil Mchedlishvili of Georgia had to settle for a stalemate 3-3 in his chess match against Indonesian GM Susanto Megaranto. The match was held at Pyramid Building, Senayan, Jakarta from April 14 to 19, 2010. Mchedlishvili was the overwhelming favorite before the match. He had over 100 points of Elos compared to Megaranto’s.
Mchedlishvili started the match very well. He drove home the first game after an opening error by Megaranto. Megaranto admitted to the journalists, “I went wrong to do b6 in 12th move. The early mistake caused me hard time later on.”
Megaranto again had to endure opening difficulties in round 2. In the Sicilian opening the Georgian GM surprised his younger opponent by a rare 8th move. Soon Mchedlishvili had an upper hand. Unfortunately the time trouble for both players finally got the better of them. The game ended in a draw.
No one had clear advantages in round 3. After long battle in 4.5 hours both players had to satisfy with another draw.
Behind the black pieces Megaranto was back to his old pet, the Caro-Kann, in round 4. The choice of the calm and seemingly not dangerous opening proved fruitful for the Indonesian. He forced Mchedlishvili to resign in move 37.
The spectators couldn’t see much actions in the last two rounds. Mchedlishvili opted for safe lanes quite possibly because he got hammered in the previous round. Both games concluded in peace. The last game even finished in 30 minutes only.
The match which was part of the 5th Japfa Chess Festival was unrated for unknown reasons.
- GM Susanto dan Mikheil Berbagi Gelar
- GM Susanto dan GM Mikheil Mchedlishvili Main Imbang
- Irene Menang di Babak Pertama JAPFA
- Irene Kalah, Susanto Remis
- Irene Menang, Susanto Kandas
- Japfa 2010 Day 1 Irene Win
- Susanto dan Irene Catat Hasil Remis
- Susanto Megaranto Bermain Remis
- The Georgy Agzamov Memorial in pictures
- Susanto Megaranto-Zhāng Zhōng Match, Jakarta 2007
- Utut Adianto-Anatoly Karpov Match, Jakarta 1997
- FIDE World Championship Anatoly Karpov-Jan Timman Rounds of 13-21, Jakarta 1993
- Utut Adianto-Zhū Chén Blindfold Match, Jakarta 2004
- Indonesian Team for Asian Games Tryouts, Jakarta 2006
- Irene Sukandar-Lǐ Ruòfán Match, Jakarta 2007
- FIDE Zonal 10, Jakarta 1963
- Vladislav Tkachiev Matches, Jakarta 1996
- Utut Adianto-Judit Polgár Match, Jakarta 1996