|Utut Adianto-Judit Polgár Match, Jakarta 1996|
|1|| Wahyuwidayat, Utut AdiantoWahyuwidayat, Utut Adianto|
FIDE ID: 7100019.
POB: Jakarta .
Title(s): NM 1982, IM 1985, GM 1986.
Peak Elo: 2615 (1997).
|2|| Polgár, JuditPolgár, Judit|
FIDE ID: 700070.
|VP||: Victory points.|
|PGN 2013.09.14. 6 games. Complete.|
1996.12.12-18. 4 rounds rapid g/25′, 2 rounds rapid blindfold g/25′. 2 players.
Indonesian number one GM Utut Adianto Wahyuwidayat played the best women chess player in the world, GM Judit Polgár, in a match of six rapid games.
After four rounds Judit seemed destined to easy win with one point lead and two blindfold games to spare. The Polgárs have been widely known for their expertise in blindfold. To everyone’s surprise Utut showed his rare talent in blindfold and beat Judit in the last game. The match ended in a tie, 3-3.
The event was part of Indonesia-Hungary chess meeting. The other matches were played by Judit older sister, Sofia Polgár, against three Indonesian women chess players. With Adianto holding Judit and Indonesian women sharing the spoil with Sofia, Indonesia, where chess was generally no more than pastime, showed how truly global chess had become.
Selected Games (viewer © ChessTempo)
Utut Adianto Wahyuwidayat
7100019 g 2605
700070 g 2665
Utut Adianto-Judit Polgár Match
Jakarta 1986.12.18 Round 6 Rapid Blindfold
1-0 A26 English Opening
- Utut Adianto-Nigel Short Match, Jakarta 1996
- Vladislav Tkachiev Matches, Jakarta 1996
- Lodewijk Prins Matches, Indonesia 1956
- Irene Sukandar-Sopiko Guramishvili Match, Jakarta 2004
- Irene Sukandar-Lǐ Ruòfán Match, Jakarta 2007
- Irene Sukandar-Anya Corke Match, Jakarta 2005
- Bank BNI GMs, Jakarta 1996
- Susanto Megaranto-Zhāng Zhōng Match, Jakarta 2007
- Utut Adianto-Zhū Chén Blindfold Match, Jakarta 2004